Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am carrying a great sword but I am a Coward


-->
This Happiness blog is actually painful! The exercise has become a personal stock taking and the flaws are in Black & white.
We try to control our personal universe - family, work place and community. When it’s not effective we recheck only the external parameters. "What’s wrong in this scenario? Why it’s not working"
Stephen Covey says the realization is altered when we stop thinking “Outside In” and start looking "Inside Out".
Ask
"Do I possess the characteristics to get this situation in my control?"
"Am I sending the right signals to the people around me?"
The first step - I have to give up my resistance to truly look at myself without the cosmetic ‘soft light’.
The second step – Articulate my flaws loudly. As it’s often said, habits by sheer repetition concretize the character.
The third step – Put in an action plan to eradicate these failings.
Thiru Valluvar gave me a slap on the face “Having idealistic plans for society without personal management, is like a coward being given a great sword”

No comments:

Post a Comment